We aim to give students interested in performance the opportunity to do so in a variety of spaces.
We regularly perform at Floriade and the National Multicultural Festival, and participate in formal performances such as Veiled Attitude (the national youth bellydance festival) and our own annual concert, "Under a Ghawazee Moon". We also have more informal performances at various community and school fetes and fairs in the region, as well as at Belconnen Markets and our end of year Hafla.
Membership of our Performance Troupe is an additional performance opportunity for students aged 14 and over with at least 18 months experience in bellydance.
performing with us
Students will be given notices of upcoming performance opportunities and any associated rehearsal sessions.
Whilst performance is always optional, if a student agrees to perform they are expected to:
- Listen to and know the music
- Learn the choreography (if applicable)
- Practice at home and in class
- Have the required costuming
- Arrive at the performance in a timely manner
- Remain until the end of the performance to support other performers.